New Toy Has Arrived

I am really looking forward to learning how to use this thing. I could cut down on space in the freezer of our upright fridge by taking frozen contents out of Rubbermaid containers and sealing it in vacuum bags. I need to sit down and read the manual first and I’ve got other things to do at the moment but I’ll give it a glance later.

Brad is out in the garage getting road tar off of the drivers side of his pickup. A crew was working on the road half a mile from our house when he left to run errands earlier and he ended up with a good bit of the stuff splattered on the side of the truck. I found a non scratch scrubby sponge for him to use with the WD-40 and it seems to be working but it’s a lot of work!

We have the space cleared where the freezer will go on Wednesday and when a few more things are relocated to the farm and David’s workshop we’ll have even more space uncluttered. Bless him, he’s had migraines again. I feel for him since he has to drive into the Dallas area for work. Migraines are not fun. I used to have severe headaches on a weekly basis back in the 80’s but rarely have one these days.

We had a light breakfast this morning, breakfast oatmeal cookies from the coffee shop and Black Rifle Coffee, JB Med Roast. I made two big bowls of green salad for lunch late this afternoon. It was great. I had some left-over roasted chicken breast to slice and use as a topping along with red onion, sliced English cucumber and sliced carrot. The Romaine lettuce was the best head of lettuce I’ve had in ages, dark green, no blemishes. We’ll probably have a cup of soup later for dinner.

Brad is coming to a stopping point with cleaning the road tar off the truck and will be headed to his Man Cave shortly. He’s got his big Yeti jug full of iced tea and is ready for a break. We’ll take the truck through the car wash tomorrow and get the rest of the residue washed off. We need to get the SUV washed as well. I still haven’t made time to clean out the inside and I want to do that before it’s washed.

I had the house open for a little while this morning, but the humidity is a bit high for both of us so we closed the house and turned on the A/C. Wednesday and Thursday we have more rain headed our way along with warmer temperatures, then another cool down for the end of the week and the weekend. Brad’s got stuff planned for outdoors this weekend and it looks like the weather will be perfect.

Hope your Monday has been as blessed as ours. Time to get back to my knitting!

Published by thenerdyyarnlady

I am a Native Texan, Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Great-Grandmother, Catholic Convert residing in rural North East Texas since 1975 when I married my husband and this small town girl became a country girl. I was taught to knit at the age of ten and discovered the writings of Elizabeth Zimmerman shortly after I married. I learned to ‘unvent’ things as I went along, to create my own patterns and generally have a blast with yarn and needles. In the mid 1980’s I explored the idea of spinning my own yarn and eventually got interested in weaving on a floor loom. I have three spinning wheels and a 24″ four-shaft Herald floor loom that I purchased from a friend in the 1990’s. I also enjoy sewing, tatting and making rosaries. I have a work room that contains my fiber, yarn, floor loom, sewing machines, serger and rosary making supplies. I have a spinning corner in a bedroom next to my work room, both with north windows looking toward the creek.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: