It Was Only A Little Shopping Trip

We stopped for Mexican food after we left the chiropractor and then headed off to do some grocery shopping. The list wasn’t very long. The lines at the registers were. I thought I had chosen a decent cart but after it had a case of water and some bottles of RC and Canada Dry in it there was a noticeable squeak and it kept wanting to steer to the left so Brad ended up pushing the cart the rest of the way.

We found what we needed. No problems. But it wore us both out. No joke! Walmart isn’t a small store but I figured we could both use some exercise. Right. I think I simply got tired of being surrounded by people today, plus it was a lot of walking. We were both glad to get home and relax after we got stuff put away. So. Next time I get the wild hair to shop in person I’ll try to remember this day…

On the plus side the turmeric blend that was on order at the chiropractors office came in so I am well stocked for the foreseeable future, same with vitamins. I’ll need to order more vitamins from Melaleuca for Brad in a couple of days. I try to order mid-month so we are ready to start off a new month. I still had an extra box of my vitamins in the closet so I don’t need to order any. I’m well stocked with Ningxia Red and Field of Greens as well.

Progress on the Hitchhiker Shawl is slow, but I hope to have it finished soon. I have 39 ‘teeth’ finished and the pattern calls for 42. I may have enough yarn for more teeth on the edge and I think I’ll just keep knitting instead of having another partial ball of yarn left over. The pattern adds five more stitches for every pattern repeat of the saw tooth edge and I believe I have approximately 170 stitches on the needle so far so I’m not that far off from finishing according to the pattern.

I’ve still got to get back to work on Brad’s socks and I think my hands will tolerate the smaller needles again. I’m glad I started taking the turmeric supplement during the cold weather so I can keep knitting. I haven’t done any more work on plying the last bit of BFL/Tussah yarn but I want to be sure it won’t land me back in the chiropractors office twice a week instead of once a week.

It was really nice today although it started off cool in the morning. We got quite a bit of rain and wind during the night but it cleared off mid-day and was in the high 60’s. The sunshine was nice. I don’t believe we have anything else to do away from the house this week so I’ll be hanging out at home getting some laundry and cleaning done and working on my knitting.

Hope your day was as blessed as ours. Have a good night, ya’ll.

Published by thenerdyyarnlady

I am a Native Texan, Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Great-Grandmother, Catholic Convert residing in rural North East Texas since 1975 when I married my husband and this small town girl became a country girl. I was taught to knit at the age of ten and discovered the writings of Elizabeth Zimmerman shortly after I married. I learned to ‘unvent’ things as I went along, to create my own patterns and generally have a blast with yarn and needles. In the mid 1980’s I explored the idea of spinning my own yarn and eventually got interested in weaving on a floor loom. I have three spinning wheels and a 24″ four-shaft Herald floor loom that I purchased from a friend in the 1990’s. I also enjoy sewing, tatting and making rosaries. I have a work room that contains my fiber, yarn, floor loom, sewing machines, serger and rosary making supplies. I have a spinning corner in a bedroom next to my work room, both with north windows looking toward the creek.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: