Late Night, Busy Morning

We’ve been busy this morning and I’m finally sitting down to the laptop. The house is clean, and open to the fresh air and sunshine. It’s 70° with a light breeze and low humidity. We both had long naps yesterday afternoon but still slept all night. It’s nearly noon and we had a late breakfast. Brad is chatting with our Whirlpool repairman, John, who came out to have a look at our fridge. It’s been making a noise when the compressor cuts on and off. We’ve had it for a little over two years and the compressor is still under warranty. Turns out one of the springs supporting the compressor is broken, hence the rattling noise. He’ll be back in a couple of weeks with the new compressor and swap that out. Easy peasy.

About my sock knitting experiment: No. I can’t keep both socks on the same 40″ needle while doing the gusset increases. Too many stitches, too much strain on the cable where it loops at each side. So. I’m back to one sock on it’s own needle until the heel flaps are done, then back on the same needle to finish.

This is where I’ll spend a good portion of my time today. It’s gorgeous with the breeze at my back, plenty of light to work. I’m finishing my second mug of coffee and then I’ll head back in the studio to spin. We decided it was a full pot kind of Monday when we got up. We slept well and woke up a little groggy from a solid night’s sleep. John just left and we’re on his calendar for the first week of February for the part replacement. Brad will probably be headed down to his shop/man cave shortly.

I’m tempted to clean out the inside of the SUV since the weather is so nice, but I’ve still got this sinus infection thing going on and bending over makes my face hurt. It’s better but there’s no sense in making myself miserable when it can wait a few days.

The ingredients for that pot of Black Bean Soup are still sitting on the kitchen counter and today I will finally get around to making it. I can almost taste it. I’ll chop carrots, celery and red onion and sauté them before adding the canned veggies and chicken broth and letting it simmer for a couple of hours. I also add a cup of red wine to the pot for flavor.

The cornbread will have to wait because I’m out of cornmeal and don’t want to make an extra trip to town. We have our chiropractor visit tomorrow and can stop on the way home for cornmeal and the roast chicken I want from the deli. Seems like there was something else on my list. And I need a haircut. We’ll probably grab lunch out tomorrow and go ahead and finish errands.

Hope your day is as gorgeous and blessed as ours, ya’ll.

Published by thenerdyyarnlady

I am a Native Texan, Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Great-Grandmother, Catholic Convert residing in rural North East Texas since 1975 when I married my husband and this small town girl became a country girl. I was taught to knit at the age of ten and discovered the writings of Elizabeth Zimmerman shortly after I married. I learned to ‘unvent’ things as I went along, to create my own patterns and generally have a blast with yarn and needles. In the mid 1980’s I explored the idea of spinning my own yarn and eventually got interested in weaving on a floor loom. I have three spinning wheels and a 24″ four-shaft Herald floor loom that I purchased from a friend in the 1990’s. I also enjoy sewing, tatting and making rosaries. I have a work room that contains my fiber, yarn, floor loom, sewing machines, serger and rosary making supplies. I have a spinning corner in a bedroom next to my work room, both with north windows looking toward the creek.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: