Farm Photos

Snoopy gave me kisses but Dusty wasn’t having any of that today. April is in the background and Coco the Mustang made himself scarce when he saw the camera around my neck.

I finally got a good photo of Grover the Charolais bull. He was checking out the activity in the barn as Brad and three of the grandchildren unloaded the feed from the bed of our truck and stacked it on pallets in the barn.

This will give you and idea of how large the bull is. That’s a fully grown mama cow next to him! He makes beautiful calves…

That’s Ziva on the right, the newest calf. I think the white calf is McGee, not sure.

David has been hard at work building a larger coop for the hens. It will be easy to insulate it to keep them warm during the winter.


The above post was started after our visit to the farm on Wednesday, January 5th. I never finished it and got it posted due to feeling like crap before bedtime. It seems Grandad and I managed to have our turn with the tummy bug that had the rest of the family down….and that we thought had passed us by….and didn’t!

So, It’s now Sunday, January 9th and we are both 100% better and will have something akin to ‘real’ food for lunch shortly…namely Marie Callender’s frozen dinners. Turkey for Grandad and steak and potatoes for Grandma. We haven’t been out of the house since the middle of last week. I spent the better part of two days in bed and I’m just now getting my strength back, ditto Grandad.

Neither of us has been sick, really sick, in years. I forgot what that is like. The kidney stone thing doesn’t count as being sick in my book and after the stent was removed I was fine. I hate being in bed with chills and fever and no appetite. Fortunately the crud was short lived and we are just tired after the fact. We both began feeling symptoms at the same time so we were spared one of us having it and then the other dealing with it.

It’s a gorgeous day out today. The sun is peeking through the clouds, it’s a bit windy, but not too bad. The temps are in the high 40’s, up from freezing from a day or two ago. I’ve got knitting withdrawal going on so I’ll do something about that after lunch. Grandad just put the frozen dinners in the oven so 40 min from now we will eat.

Enjoy your Sunday and have a blessed day wherever you are. Count your blessings!

Published by thenerdyyarnlady

I am a Native Texan, Wife, Mother, Grandmother, Great-Grandmother, Catholic Convert residing in rural North East Texas since 1975 when I married my husband and this small town girl became a country girl. I was taught to knit at the age of ten and discovered the writings of Elizabeth Zimmerman shortly after I married. I learned to ‘unvent’ things as I went along, to create my own patterns and generally have a blast with yarn and needles. In the mid 1980’s I explored the idea of spinning my own yarn and eventually got interested in weaving on a floor loom. I have three spinning wheels and a 24″ four-shaft Herald floor loom that I purchased from a friend in the 1990’s. I also enjoy sewing, tatting and making rosaries. I have a work room that contains my fiber, yarn, floor loom, sewing machines, serger and rosary making supplies. I have a spinning corner in a bedroom next to my work room, both with north windows looking toward the creek.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: