I grabbed some left-over sock yarn for another attempt at knitting the Monkey Socks pattern from the toe up, two at a time. I have two 50+ gram center pull cakes of a discontinued Araucania Ranco sock yarn in 313 Blue that will be perfect for another test knit. The last attempt didn’t work well partly because the yarn I chose was too soft.
So far so good! This yarn will make a nice pair of socks for me but I will need to pick some fine fingering yarn out of my stash to knit this pattern for a smaller foot. This would be a fun sock for both of our grand-daughters.
I now have four pairs of socks on the needles and I found a good place to put the project bags so I will not forget about them while I work on baby Gabriel’s Summer Blanket. I bought this bowl ages ago on a trip through Missouri and it’s been stuck in a closet for too long.
I’ve moved my houseplant into the studio since it has better light. It really brightens up the room and I’m enjoying it. It needs a little fertilizer and I’ll see what I can find at the local nursery where I found the container. I left the plant in the plastic pot it came in and just set it inside the container. At some point I will take it out of the plastic pot and put it in this container with a good grade of potting soil.
I haven’t seen any squirrels in the front yard in a long time so I’m thinking it would be safe to have a couple of hanging baskets on the front porch. There is another small nursery near the family farm and I noticed they had a good selection of hanging baskets the last time I drove by.
We need to get hold of our lawn guys and ask them to remove the excess wood chips from where they are piled. When the stumps were ground up the guys that did the job said to let it settle well so it would fill in the holes. The work was done in March and we think it’s time to get that taken care of.